Michigan offering virtual holiday social hours to older adults
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is offering older Michiganders a series of holiday-themed social events over the next two weeks.
The department’s Aging & Adult Services Agency partnered with the national technology company GetSetUp to provide a way for these adults to spend time with others in their age group during the holidays in a pandemic.
The following social events are available through New Year’s Eve:
- Social Hour – Holiday Party: Wednesday, Dec. 23, 3 p.m.
- Getting Started with Zoom This Holiday Season: Wednesday, Dec. 23, 5:30 p.m.
- Connect with Family and Friends This Holiday Season: Thursday, Dec. 24, noon
- Social Hour – Christmas Traditions: Friday, Dec. 25, 11 a.m.
- Social Hour – Seasonal Games: Saturday, Dec. 26, 2 p.m.
- Social Hour – Holiday Recipe Swap: Tuesday, Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m.
- Social Hour – Dancing to Music of the 1960s & 1970s: Thursday, Dec. 31, 4:30 p.m.
Those interested also have access to over 150 free online group classes through GetSetUp.
Michiganders can register online or by calling 888-559-1614.