New infrastructure changes proposed by Gov. Holcolmb raises toll prices
Posted: Sep 5, 2018 6:15 PM EDT
Proposed in Governor Eric Holcomb's Next Level Connections program:
- Commit $100 million to bridge the digital divide in rural areas of the state. The state will create a grant program to bring high speed, affordable broadband access to unserved and underserved areas of the state.
- Utilize $90 million to link communities through more hiking, biking and riding trails. The state will initiate a grant program that encourages local and regional collaboration to grow the state’s trails system.
- Complete major highway projects
- Accelerate completion of I-69 Section 6 from 2027 to 2024 ($600 million)
- Add new interchanges on U.S. 31 between South Bend and Indianapolis and expand the number of projects that will be completed on U.S. 20 and 30 through 2023 ($190 million)
- Focus INDOT resources to clean up the state’s highways
- Establish Indianapolis as the preferred Midwestern destination by adding more nonstop international flights ($20 million)
- Complete evaluation of the purchase of land to develop the state’s fourth port on the Ohio River near Lawrenceburg
- Pursue federal funding for the West Lake and South Shore rail projects in Northwest Indiana
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!