Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Niles family homeless after fire destroys their home

NILES, Mich.-- Monday night, a Niles family is homeless.

A fire destroyed their 3rd Street home on Monday afternoon.

Firefighters responded around 4:00 p.m. and quickly got the flames under control.

Several neighbors gathered to watch.

One person told ABC 57 that fires are pretty common in the neighborhood.

Pat Zimmerman one of the neighbors said,"Oh yeah the fire department was here real quick. In two, three minutes.So far from what I understand is that it's a cooking problem, grease fires and stuff like that."

Another bystander told ABC 57 that the fire looked like it started in the chimney before spreading through the entire house.

No one was hurt.


 

Share this article: