Several road restrictions in place during busy Memorial Day Weekend
With Memorial Day Weekend being known for its high volume of travelers, the Indiana Department of Transportation will pull back on some construction to open up the roads.
Officials say some restrictions and reduced speed limits will remain in place:
- U.S. 41 is closed in both directions between Sibley St. and Michigan St. in Hammond for bridge reconstruction.
- U.S. 41 is reduced to one lane in each direction between S.R. 114 and U.S. 24 near Kentland in Newton County for bridge and pavement construction.
- U.S. 31 is reduced to one lane in each direction near Plymouth in Marshall County for paving work.
- U.S. 24 is down to one lane in each direction between S.R. 29 and U.S. 31 in Cass County for pavement restoration.
- I-469 is reduced to one lane in each direction at multiple locations in Allen County.
- S.R. 14 is closed in both directions between U.S. 41 and S.R. 55 in Newton County.
- S.R. 8 is closed in both directions in LaPorte County between U.S. 421 and S.R. 39.
- U.S. 421 is closed in both directions between S.R. 143 and S.R. 14 in Pulaski County for bridge construction.
- U.S. 6 is closed in both directions at Brimfield in Noble County.
- Watch for brief lane closures on I-74 at multiple locations between Indianapolis and the Illinois state line for bridge construction.
- Portions of State Road 3 are reduced to one lane in each direction between New Castle and Muncie.
- S.R. 37 is reduced to one lane in each direction in between Martinsville and Bloomington for I-69, Section 5 construction.
INDOT says drivers can learn more about restrictions, construction areas, road conditions, and crashes in real time by downloading the INDOT app or by clicking here.