Skimmers found in more than a dozen ATMs
CHICAGO, Ill. – More than a dozen ATMs have been found with skimming devices across Chicgo!
The skimmer cans steal personal information.
Police say someone attached the devices inside the ATMs and also placed cameras to record PIN numbers.
Many ATM skimmers were found at many Walgreens stores in the Loop.
- Associated Bank, 5200 block of N. Central Ave on September 23, 2017
- Walgreens, 1500 block of W. Fullerton Ave on September 26, 2017
- 7-11, 10700 block of S. Ewing Ave on September 27, 2017
- Walgreens, 1600 block of W. Belmont Ave on October 2, 2017
- Fifth Third Bank, 600 block of W. Diversey Pkwy on October 4, 2017
- Chase Bank, 5600 block of W. Montrose Ave on October 6, 2017
- Walgreens, 400 block of N. Michigan Ave on October 8, 2017
- Walgreens, 2300 block of W. Irving Park Rd on October 8, 2017
- Fifth Third Bank, 0-100 block of W. Division St on October 9, 2017
- Walgreens, 3100 block of W. Irving Park Rd on October 11, 2017
- Walgreens, 200 block of W. Madison St. on October 12, 2017
- Walgreens, 100 block of N. State St on October 12, 2017
- Walgreens, 0-100 block of W. Monroe on October 18, 2017
Chicago police recommend double checking the ATM card slot and pin pad to sure nothing is loose.
Also use you hand to cover your finger when putting in your pin number.
They also say cards should not have any problem when placed in the card reader. If there is, you shouldn’t use it.