South Bend Common Council seeking citizen members
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – The South Bend Common Council is seeking applications from individuals who wish to volunteer their time and talents to serve as citizen members on the Common Council Standing Committees.
The following are the Common Council Standing Committees seeking citizen members:
- Community Investment Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- Health and Public Safety Committee
- Information and Technology Committee
- PARC Committee (Parks, Recreation, Cultural Arts & Entertainment)
- Personnel and Finance Committee
- Public Works and Property Vacation Committee
- Utilities Committee
- Zoning and Annexation Committee
The South Bend Municipal Code requires certain regulations for individuals to qualify to be citizen members:
- Be a resident of the City of South Bend for at least one year
- Be available to attend meetings on a regular basis
- Be interested in the subject matter and/or have some background on committee’s topics
- Complete an application by Friday, January 29, 2021
- Complete a one-time orientation by February 26, 2021
The application can be found at this website https://southbendin.primegov.com/public/committees
Council members will interview and select the qualified individuals.
Individuals selected will be sworn in by the City Clerk.
All copies of applications of individuals not accepted will be maintained by the City Clerk in the event that a vacancy occurs throughout the year.