South Bend considers extending MLK Drive
The South Bend Street Renaming Committee has proposed extending Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
At a press conference Thursday, the committee announced they want to extend the existing Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to include West Marion Street to the north, and all of Chapin Street and Prairie Avenue to the south.
The committee is holding public meetings to gather opinions from city residents.
The meetings will be held on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, March 1st at the Charles Martin Center from 5:30- 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 3rd at the Rum Village Nature Center from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 15th at the Charles Black Center from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 24th at the Martin Luther King Center from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 29th at the Robinson Community Learning Center from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.