South Bend Cubs announce 2019 schedule
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The South Bend Cubs announced their 2019 Midwest League schedule.
The Cubs will start the upcoming season up at Four Winds Field, inviting the West Michigan Whitecaps in April.
The season opener, along with 16 other games, the Cubs will feature a post-game fireworks show.
In general, all Monday to Thursday and Saturday home games begin at 7:05 p.m. and Friday games will start at 7:35 p.m.
Sunday games are set to begin at 2:05 p.m., according to the South Bend Cubs program.
Games times are subject to change.
"Our ultimate goal year-to-year has always been to provide our guests with the best possible entertainment and ballpark amenities while not only watching the game, but also in their entire ballpark experience. I’m very excited for the 2019 season and we will look at all the different avenues to make 2019 even better than 2018.” Joe Hart, President of the South Bend Cubs, said.
In the Eastern division, the opponent breakdown looks like this:
- West Michigan: 19 games (12 home, 7 away)
- Great Lakes: 19 games (7 home, 12 away)
- Lansing: 18 games (9 home, 9 away)
- Lake County: 12 games (6 home, 6 away)
- Fort Wayne: 18 games (7 home, 11 away)
- Bowling Green: 17 games (10 home, 7 away)
- Dayton: 13 games (7 home, 6 away)
In the Western division, the opponent breakdown for 2019 looks like:
- Burlington: 3 games (3 away) Clinton: 3 games (3 away)
- Cedar Rapids: 3 games (3 home)
- Peoria: 3 games (3 home)
- Kane County: 3 games (3 home)
- Quad Cities: 3 games (3 home)
- Wisconsin: 3 games (3 away)
- Beloit: 3 games (3 away)