South Bend Cubs release 2016 schedule
As the inaugural, record breaking season nears the end, the South Bend Cubs released its 2016 schedule.
"The first year as a Cubs affiliate was a magical year and to set so many different attendance records was pretty special,” South Bend Cubs Team President Joe Hart said. “However, we have a lot of work to do during the offseason to improve the experience at the ballpark so we can make 2016 an even better season and experience for the region.”
The 140-game regular season begins on April 7th and 8th against West Michigan. Both games will feature fireworks displays after the games.
The Cubs host Lake County for a four-game series during Father’s Day weekend, from Thursday, June 16 through Father’s Day, Sunday June 19.
The Cubs begin July by welcoming Lansing to Four Winds Field for a three-game weekend series July 1-3 (Friday-Sunday). All three matchups will be followed by fireworks displays leading up to Monday’s Independence Day.
South Bend concludes the 2016 regular season with three home tilts against Dayton, Sept. 3-5 (Saturday-Monday). The regular-season finale on Labor Day begins at 2:05 p.m.
Game times and promotions are subject to change.
Eastern Division (in order of appearance)
- West Michigan: 14 games (9 home, 5 away)
- Bowling Green: 17 games (10 home, 7 away)
- Fort Wayne: 18 games (7 home, 11 away)
- Dayton: 20 games (6 home, 14 away)
- Lansing: 14 games (7 home, 7 away)
- Great Lakes: 18 games (11 home, 7 away)
- Lake County: 15 games (8 home, 7 away)
Western Division (in order of appearance)
- Quad Cities: 3 games (3 away)
- Cedar Rapids: 3 games (3 away)
- Wisconsin: 3 games (3 home)
- Beloit: 3 games (3 home)
- Clinton: 3 games (3 away)
- Kane County: 3 games (3 away)
- Burlington: 3 games (3 home)
- Peoria: 3 games (3 home)
Click here to get on the season ticket wait list. The list is free and you will be notified of new season ticket opportunities as they become available.