Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

South Bend home destroyed by fire

A house on Olive Street in South Bend was destroyed by fire Thursday morning.

Crews say it was started by a damaged cord.

South Bend Fire Battalion Chief Jim Luccki said there was "pretty extensive damage right now inside."

The two story house is charred inside.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters say that during cold months they are kept busy, that winter months are a season for fires. 

Some may be using space heaters as a primary source of heat, and fire fighters say that is dangerous.

Luccki says space heaters are dangerous, they're basically not supposed to be utilized as a primary source of heat.

Share this article: