Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

South Bend man battles a fire, saving his own home

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- On Friday, a South Bend homeowner found his ceiling crashing into the room where he was sleeping!

Here are pictures of the debris inside the home on East South Bend Avenue.  You may notice the ceiling fan and other household items.

The owner of the home was miraculously able to contain the fire himself until help arrived.  He used buckets of water to douse the flames as neighbors looked on in disbelief.

One neighbor, Alex Abedidgo is still shocked, but relieved, hours later.

"Well, I'm glad it wasn't anything worse, and they'll be able to do repairs.  That's the good part," he said.

While the damage was extensive, everyone in the neighborhood is glad that no one was hurt in all of this.

Share this article: