South Shore trains switching to bus transportation for inclement weather
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The South Shore Line will be transporting passengers via bus instead of train this weekend due to predicted severe weather.
Beginning Saturday, the following trains will switch to bus transportation between Carroll Ave. and South Bend International Airport:
- Saturday, Feb. 6
- EB Tr 509 and Tr 511
- WB Tr 510
- Sunday, Feb. 7
- WB Trains 502, 504, 506, 508, and 510
- EB Trains 503, 505, 507, 509, and 511
- The following trains will be canceled: EB Tr 701 & Tr 703
- Monday, Feb. 8
- WB Trains 6, 14, 18, 20, and 22
- EB Trains 403, 7, 9, 11, 17, and 19
- The following trains will be canceled: WB Tr 422 & Tr 424 and EB Tr 401
Westbound passengers should board buses immediately north of the South Shore platform at the airport and re-board South Shore trains at Carroll Ave.
Eastbound passengers will detrain at Carroll Ave. to board buses for the rest of their trips.
Service is suspended to and from Hudson Lake.
Hudson Lake passengers are encouraged to board at Carroll Ave. Station for train service.
Conditions will be reevaluated on Feb. 8 to determine if service can continue Tuesday between South Bend and Carroll Ave.