Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

St. Joseph house fire causes $90,000 in damage

ST. JOSEPH, Mich. -- We have new information on an early morning house fire in St. Joseph.



Crews were called to the home on Lakeview Avenue just before 5 a.m.



Four people were inside, but everyone made it out safely, after being alerted by a working smoke detector.


Two of the family's pets were also rescued from the burning home. One had to be revived by a firefighter with the use of supplied oxygen and donated pet rescue masks.



Crews were able to contain the flames to the home's second floor.


None of the firefighters were injured while battling the fire.


The fire caused an estimated $90,000 in damage.




Share this article: