Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Stranger saves family from fire

DALLAS -- A Dallas mother says an angel saved her family of five from a fire Wednesday night.


Amy Almazan was trying to light her fireplace when she says it exploded in their living room. Flames hit the carpet and spread instantly inside their apartment.


Her four children ran in different directions and by the time she rounded them up, the only escape was the second floor balcony.


When she opened the door and screamed for help a stranger came to the rescue.


"I heard his voice, and I seen his hands, and I said, 'Take my baby! And he took one each of my children, one-by-one," said Almazan.


Firefighters put out the fire before it spread to neighboring apartment units. The Red Cross was helping the Almazan family.


 

Share this article: