Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Toddler dies from gasoline consumption, brother hospitalized

MADISON, Wis. – A 2-year-old Wisconsin girl is dead and her 4-year-old brother is in the hospital after drinking gasoline.

Police say the children apparently climbed into a neighbor's car where a gas can was located in the back.

Their mother found them Sunday night in the back seat of a vehicle.

Doctors say a death like this is rare because of the taste of gas. It's unusual for children to ingest a deadly amount.

Their family was staying with a friend when it happened.

 

Share this article: