Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

UPDATE: Fire crews determine cause of Stray Dog Bar & Grill fire

NEW BUFFALO, Mich. – Not even 24 hours after a fire destroyed the Shady Dog Bar & Grill, the New Buffalo Fire Department said on Wednesday they believe it was an electrical fire.

No matter the cause many are sad to see it go up in flames.

"It’s just heartbreaking, you know, you think these places are going to be here for the rest of your life," said Pat Thompson.

And of course many hope bounces back soon.

"I hope they get it remodeled really quick, I think the plans are in the works to get it rocking because this is one of the most popular places in town," said Johnny Borter.

Some people in New Buffalo told us the restaurant is working on relocating to a new spot in town so they can stay open. Management at the site of the fire did not want to comment on that on Wednesday.

The owners did make the following statement on the restaurant’s Facebook page following the fire.

"The owners of The Stray Dog Bar and Grill would like to thank their staff for the great job they did ensuring the safety of both customers and employees. We are relieved that there was no injury to anyone, only damage to the building itself. Everyone's thoughts and prayers are deeply appreciated. It's just the shell that's gone, not the spirit of The Stray Dog. The Stray Dog Gear shop survived, and we plan to open it again as quickly as possible. We'll be seeing you soon!"

 

 

 

 

 

Share this article: