Voting now open for South Bend Cubs ‘Food Feud’
SOUTH BEND, Ind.—About 100 entries were submitted in the first South Bend Cubs “Food Feud.”
The list has been narrowed down to the final five selections and the winning recipe will be added to the 2020 concessions menu at Four Winds Field.
Voting will take place through March 9. The winner will be announced on March 13.
To vote, visit the South Bend Cubs’ contest website.
The finalists are:
- Fried Cauliflower - Tabasco marinated cauliflower lightly breaded and fried. Served with a ranch dipping sauce. Submitted by Michael Bell
- Philly Fries – Crispy golden French fries topped with shaved sirloin, sautéed peppers and onions and drizzled with white queso. Submitted by Terry Szczechowski
- The Horseshoe – An open-faced sandwich with two slices of Texas toast with two hamburger patties, topped with French fries and cheese sauce. Submitted by Kyle Shuppert
- Double Play Burger – Grilled hamburger patty topped with American cheese and tomato-bacon jam served between two glazed doughnuts and fries. Submitted by Tim McFeeters
- Burnt End Tacos – Twice cooked brisket cap tossed with sauce and topped with chipotle slaw on two flour tortillas. Submitted by Garrett Hibiske.