Weather related closings and delays
Posted: Jan 5, 2014 2:07 PM EST | Updated: Nov 5, 2014 6:03 PM EST
Closings, delays and other announcements:
- Rhema Word International Outreach Ministries bible study cancelled for Wednesday night
- The Town of Culver has lifted the snow emergency
- Riley High School (South Bend) girls basketball game against LaVille canceled for Wednesday night. The boys and girls swim meet vs. Penn is rescheduled for Saturday 1/11/14 at 5:00 at Riley
- Morris Performing Arts Center Weds. volunteer dinner cancelled
- Dowagiac District Library - Closed Wednesday due to weather
- Pulaski County lowers travel restrictions to a watch
- South Bend Museum of Art closed through Wednesday
- Driving restrictions have been lifted for LaPorte, LaGrange and Marshall counties. They will be lifted at 5 p.m. in Fulton County and at 6 p.m. in Elkhart County.
- South Shore is operating the regularly scheduled train service between Michigan City and Chicago. They will continue to bus passengers between South Bend and Michigan City through January 8. Call 312-836-7000 for up to date information.
- Elkhart's disaster declaration will expire at 6 p.m. Tuesday
- South Bend schools are closed again on Wednesday
- The Twin City Players cancelled Tuesday night's auditions for A Streetcar Named Desire. They are now scheduled for Saturday, January 11 at 1:00 PM at the TCP Studio at 600 West Glenlord Road, St. Joseph, Michigan
- Marshall County - Travel warning lifted in Marshall County as of noon
- Kosciusko County - Travel advisory lowered to a watch. county offices will reopen Wednesday at 8 a.m.
- Fulton County remains under a Disaster Emergency Declaration until January 10 at 5 p.m. Emergency travel only
- Town of Bremen: Trash pick-up for the entire town will be Wednesday
- Due to frigid weather, all trash collection in South Bend will occur two days late throughout the week. Solid Waste crews normally do not collect trash on Friday and Saturday, but they will do so on Friday, January 10 and Saturday, January 11 to keep pickup on track for the week.
- The Bethel men's basketball game scheduled with Univ. of St. Francis has been moved from Tuesday to Wednesday. The women's basketball game that was scheduled to be played at St. Francis on Wednesday has been moved to Bethel College.
- The La Port County School Corporation's Reorganization Meeting and Board of Finance Meeting scheduled for Tuesday night have been canceled. They are rescheduled for Monday, January 13,2014.
- Snow emergency declared in Benton Harbor, Michigan. As a result of this declaration, parking is prohibited on all city streets.
- Four Winds Dowagiac and Four Winds Hartford will be closed through Wednesday
- The Mishawaka Common Council meeting scheduled for Monday evening has been rescheduled for Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- Waste Management of Indiana will delay Monday's residential pick up across the area for one day
- Borden Waste-Away Service Inc. closed Monday. Routes will be delayed one day
- Granger Farmers Market will be closed Tuesday Jan. 7, 2014 and will reopen Thursday Jan. 9, 2014
- Bridges out of poverty- Wednesday night class (5:30-8:00pm) at Cassopolis Library will be cancelled this week (Cass Co. Mich)
- Mishawaka's Planet Fitness i minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">s closed due to a pipe bursting Wednesday night. They are working on resolving the problem and will be updating on their Facebook page.