Winter storm information, delays, cancellations and closures
Looking for school closings? Click here to view school related closings/delays
Check out the latest forecast here
Download ABC57's weather app | Download ABC57's news app
Send weather photos to the newsroom via the app, on our Facebook page or by email.
Check out the maps for travel conditions in your county.
- Indiana travel advisory map
- Yellow: Advisory - use caution
- Orange: Watch - only essential travel
- Red: Warning - Travel restricted to emergencies, avoid travel
- Michigan traffic updates
- Many flights at South Bend International Airport are cancelled. Check their website for the latest info
- The Indiana Toll Road has issued a ban on several types of vehicles because of the winter storm. All triple tractor trailers, doubles, high profile steel haulers and high-profile oversize permit loads will not be allowed on the toll road from midnight Wednesday until 6 p.m. Thursday. [more info]
- Indiana Michigan Power: Report an outage | Power outage map
- NIPSCO: Report a power outage 800-464-7726 | Outage map
- Consumers Energy Outage map | Report an outage
- Midwest Energy Coop Outage map and report an outage
- Kosciusko County REMC: Report an outage or view outage map
CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
- Marshall County offices are closed Thursday, including the county building, courthouse, museum and resource center
- Three Rivers City Hall is closed Thursday
- La Porte County government offices closed Thursday
- St. Joseph County, Indiana facilities will open at noon Thursday. Residents are encouraged to call to make an appointment before visiting any offices. County parks will reopen at noon, but all programs, including ski rental, will not resume until Friday.
- The St. Joseph (Indiana) Circuit and Superior Courts will be closed today, February 3, 2022, and shall reopen Friday, February 4, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. This includes Courthouses 1, 2, and 3 located in downtown South Bend and the Courthouse complex located on Lincolnway East in Mishawaka. All in person court hearings, including afternoon arraignments and hearings held in Traffic & Misdemeanor Court will be continued.
- City of South Bend offices at the County-City Building will re-open at noon on Thursday
- Kosciusko County Government Offices are closed Thursday
- City of Elkhart buildings closed to the public Thursday
- North Judson Town Hall closed Thursday
- Three Rivers City Hall will be closed Thursday
- New Buffalo Township Offices will be closed Thursday
- Plymouth City Hall will be closed Thursday
- All Berrien County facilities will be closed Thursday
- Wolcottville's Town Hall will be closed Thursday
- St. Joseph County, Michigan courthouse will be closed Thursday
- Wakarusa Public Library closed Thursday
- All Mishawaka Penn-Harris Public Library locations will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday
- The Goshen Public Library is closed on Thursday
WARMING CENTERS/OVERNIGHT SHELTERS
- VPA Community Centers will reopen at noon on Thursday, February 3.
- The City-funded weather amnesty sites are available for overnight shelter.
- Center for the Homeless operates a weather amnesty site at 813 S Michigan St. It is open 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Hope Ministries at 510 S. Main Street offers weather amnesty. It is open all day Wednesday until 12:15 p.m. Thursday. It will reopen at 8 p.m. Thursday.
- Resurrection Lutheran Academy in South Bend two hour delay on Friday: No preschool or morning care
- Pulaski Memorial Hospital – all medical clinics closed Thursday
- The Food Bank of Northern Indiana will be closed Thursday
- Salon Nouveau in South Bend is closed Thursday
- Porter-Starke Services will close its outpatient office location in Knox on Thursday
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System is closed to in-person outpatient appointments on Thursday
- Numerous Parkview Health locations, including Park Center offices, are closed Thursday
- Woodlands Behavioral Healthcare in Cassopolis is closed Thursday
- Little Lites Daycare in Middlebury will be closed Thursday and Friday
- Oaklawn outpatient offices in Elkhart, Goshen and South Bend will be closed Thursday. Virtual appointments will continue
- Life Action Ministries in Buchanan closed Thursday
- Cass County Council on Aging closed Thursday
- Both American Technology Components Inc. locations in Elkhart will be closed Thursday.
- Most Goshen Health locations will be closed Thursday [visit their website]
- Beacon Health System has updated their website with the latest closures and cancellations. [Visit their website]
- The WorkOne Offices in South Bend, Elkhart, Plymouth, Warsaw and Rochester will be closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Smart Cabinetry will be closed for 3rd shift Wednesday and closed Thursday 2/3/22 for 1st and 2nd shift but 3rd shift is to report for production.
- ADEC will be closing programming including Day Services, Transportation, Therapies, Community Employment, the Shop Facilities and the Gaining Grounds Coffee Shop for Wednesday and Thursday
- Riverview Adult Day Health Center will be closing at 1 p.m. Wednesday and will be closed Thursday
- South Bend Elks #235 Club will be closed Wednesday & Thursday. No bingo or bowling.
- Sarett Nature Center: Silver Foxes program rescheduled to March 2 at 11 a.m.
- Cardinal Services will be closed Wednesday & Thursday.
- Marian University's Ancilla College students, faculty, and staff will report remotely Wednesday and Thursday.
- Elkhart COVID-19 testing location closures: The clinic on W. Wolf Avenue will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. The clinics on Lincoln Avenue and Jackson Boulevard will be closed on Thursday. Hours return to normal on Friday.
- Marshall County COVID-19 testing clinics will be closed Wednesday through Friday. The vaccination clinics will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, but will be open Friday.
- The St. Joseph County, Indiana, immunization and COVID-19 vaccine clinic in the County City Building will be closed Wednesday and Thursday because of the winter storm. The COVID-19 testing location on Western Avenue, at La Casa de Amistad, will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. [More info]
- Several state-run COVID-19 testing and vaccine clinics will be closed Thursday because of the winter storm [More info]
- Nappanee: Borden Waste-Away has suspended residential waste and recycling routes
- Lakeville: Republic Services is suspending pickup on Wednesday and Thursday
- North Judson: Republic Services will not pick up in North Judson this week
- South Bend: the city is suspending trash services on Thursday, including bulky item and Christmas tree pickups. Service is expected to resume Friday.
- Argos: Republic Services will not pickup on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Plymouth: Republic Services will not pickup on Wednesday and Thursday.
- La Porte County: Republic Services has cancelled recycling pickup for Wednesday and Thursday. Trucks will resume their normal route on Friday. Areas missed on Wednesday and Thursday will be picked up February 16 and 17.
- Mishawaka: Republic Services will be closing down Wednesday and Thursday because of the weather. Wednesday routes will be run Friday. Thursday and Friday routes will be run Saturday. If the roads are not drivable, the collection schedule may change.
Safety tips from the American Red Cross - putting together a supply kit, staying safe during the storm, dangers of carbon monoxide.