10 additional cases of coronavirus confirmed in Michigan
Posted: Mar 12, 2020 9:40 PM EDT
LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services announced that 10 people in the state tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the state total up to 12.
Clinical specimens were taken from the patients and tested by the Department's Bureau of Laboratories.
The tests came out positive for individuals in Ingham, Kent, Montcalm, Oakland, St. Clair and Washtenaw counties. The specimens will be sent to the Centers for Disease Control to confirm that they tested positive for COVID-19.
The cases include:
- An adult female from Ingham County with history of travel on a cruise.
- Two adult females from Kent County and one adult male, all with history of international travel.
- An adult female from Montcalm with history of international travel.
- Two adult males from Oakland County; one with no travel history and one with domestic travel.
- An adult male from St. Clair County with history of domestic travel.
- One adult female and one adult male from Washtenaw County; one with history of domestic travel and one with history of international travel.
Officials want to remind everyone to follow certain guidelines to prevent the spread of coronavirus.