25 arrested in warrant sweep during Operation Flashback
Michigan City Police and multiple other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies conducted a warrant sweep that led to the arrest of 25 people who had outstanding warrants on Thursday.
In addition to Michigan City Police, the following agencies assisted in Operation Flashback: La Porte County Sheriff’s Department, Indiana State Police, United States Marshal’s Service, Gary Police Department, Portage Police Department, Lake County Sheriff’s Department and the La Porte County Prosecutor’s Office.
Most of the arrests were in La Porte County and Michigan City.
Chief Mark Swistek was very pleased with the results of the sweep, which took several months of preparation.
Those arrested include:
- Catchings, Brenton 25 911 Kentucky St Dealing Cocaine Level 4 Felony, Dealing Cocaine Level 5 Felony x 2
- Mitchell, Raymond 46 3934 Frontage Rd Possession of Cocaine Level 6 Felony
- Allison, James 60 3407 E Michigan Blvd Maintaining a Common Nuisance Level 6 Felony
- Grace, Laura 24 3407 E Michigan Blvd Possession of Cocaine Level 6 Felony, Possession of a Syringe Level 6 Felony, Possession of Paraphernalia C- Misdemeanor, Battery of a Police Officer Level 6 Felony, Resisting Law Enforcement A-Misdemeanor, and Visiting a Common Nuisance B-Misdemeanor
- Parrish, Harry 41 1115 S. Woodland Ave Visiting a Common Nuisance B-Misdemeanor
- Brooks, Malik 19 125 Dole St Dealing Cocaine Level 4 Felony x 3
- Byrd, Adrian 35 131 Hancock Dealing Cocaine Level 4 Felony x 4, and being a Habitual Violator
- Morgan, James 52 3934 Frontage Rd Dealing a Controlled Substance Level 4 Felony x 2
- Taylor, Larry 57 1209 Ohio St Dealing Cocaine Level 5 Felony
- Joyner, Dickie 40 326 E. Highway 20 #56 Dealing a Controlled Substance Level 5 Felony x 2
- Goodwin, Winter 28 101 Ruby Ct Dealing a Controlled Substance Level 3 and Dealing a Controlled Substance Level 5 Felony
- Dietz, Angela 31 119 W. Fulton St Dealing a Controlled Substance Level 5 Felony x 2
- Vanlew, Sherrie 49 112 Butler St Theft A-Misdemeanor
- Taylor, Daniel 38 3131 Springland Ave Theft A-Misdemeanor
- Dukes, Brenda 19 203 Westwind Dr Conversion A-Misdemeanor
- Hampton, Takisha 40 122 N. Woodland Ave Theft Level 6 Felony
- Jackson, Cassandra 23 209 Euclid Ave Forgery Level 6 Felony and Theft A-Misdemeanor
- Beatty, Candace 38 809 Manhattan St Neglect of a Dependent Level 6 Felony, Furnishing Alcohol to a minor B Misdemeanor, Theft A- Misdemeanor
- Logan, McKenzie 25 519 S. Carroll Ave Neglect of a Dependent Level 6 Felony
- Griffin, Misty 28 317 Euclid Ave Driving While Suspended A-Misdemeanor
- White, Lajuana 36 608 Esther St Body Attachment Warrant
- Fogus, Robert 42 103 Sherman Ave Body Attachment Warrant
- Eckwood, Angela 53 1015 ½ Ohio St Driving While Suspended A-Misdemeanor
- White, Jeff 42 10 Midway Operating While Intoxicated D-Felony x 2
- Dane, Travis 20 Porter County Jail Strangulation Level 6 Felony