Multi-agency effort saves 7 dogs from residential fire

HEBRON, Ind. -- It was a multi-agency effort that saved the lives of seven dogs from a residential fire Tuesday afternoon.

Boone Grove FD

At approximately 4:09 p.m. troopers on patrol in Porter County received a report of a residential fire at 535 S 500 W in Porter Township.

When troopers arrived they found black smoke coming from garage windows.

Upon arrival, first responders entered the structure and successfully removed a total of seven unconscious dogs.

The canines were unresponsive due to smoke inhalation and two of the dogs reportedly were pregnant.

First responders rendered C.P.R on the Labradors until EMS arrived where pet masks were used.

The dogs were transported to a Valparaiso hospital.

Police say the homeowners were not present at the time of the incident.

Fire officials believe the fire may have been caused by a heat lamp in the garage.

Porter County Deputies, Boone Grove Fire Department, Porter County EMS, Porter Animal Control, Hebron Police Officers and the Hebron Fire Chief assisted at the scene.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?