ABC News announces podium order for third Democratic debate
(ABC NEWS) -- ABC News announced the podium order for the 10 qualifying candidates at the third Democratic Debate to be held September 12.
The candidates will appear on the stage in the following order, from left to right. Polling averages determined the podium order based on the last 10 polls certified for qualification by the DNC with the highest polling candidates near the center:
- Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
- South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- California Sen. Kamala Harris
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
- Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke
- Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
The debate format will be one minute and 15 seconds for direct responses to questions and 45 seconds for responses and rebuttals. Candidates will have the opportunity to deliver opening statements, but there will be no closing statements.
The Democratic Debate will air on Thursday, September 12 from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. ET on the ABC Television Network and Univision. ABC News is partnering with Univision on the debate sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee at Texas Southern University’s Health & PE Center in Houston.
Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos, “World News Tonight” Anchor and Managing Editor David Muir, ABC News Correspondent Linsey Davis and Univision Anchor Jorge Ramos will moderate the debate.