Absentee voting schedule released in Elkhart County for 2020 Presidential Primary
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind.—The absentee in-person schedule for the 2020 Presidential Primary in Elkhart County was released on Tuesday.
In-person absentee voting for the primary will begin at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, April 7 at Elkhart and Goshen voting locations. It will end at 12 p.m. on Monday, May 4.
Voters will need to show a photo ID that meets all of the following criteria:
- Displays the voter’s photo,
- Displays the voter’s name,
- Displays an expiration date, and must either be current, or have expired after November 6, 2018, AND
- Be issued by the State of Indiana, or the Federal Government.*
*In most cases, an Indiana driver’s license, Indiana photo ID card, Military ID or U.S. Passport is sufficient. A student ID from an Indiana state school may only be used if it meets all of the 4 criteria specified above. A student ID from a private institution may not be used for voting purposes.
Locations for voting in Elkhart County are below:
- Goshen : Goshen First Presbyterian Church, East Lincoln Ave., Goshen, between 5th and 6th Streets, North 5th St. parking lot
- Elkhart: Lincoln Center, Neff Center, 608 Oakland Avenue, Elkhart (report to the reception desk on the first floor to be directed to the voting room)
- Middlebury: Middlebury Church of the Brethren, 507 Bristol Ave., Middlebury (Saturday April 25 and May 2, ONLY)
- Nappanee: First Brethren Church, 1600 N. Main St., Nappanee (Saturday April 25 and May 2, ONLY)
The schedule for in-person absentee voting is below. All voter boards are open through the lunch hour.
- Tuesday, April 7 thru Thursday, April 9 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Monday, April 13 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Goshen & Elkhart
- Tuesday, April 14 thru Friday, April 17 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Monday, April 20 thru Friday, April 24 – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Goshen
- Monday, April 20 thru Friday, April 24 – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Elkhart
- Saturday, April 25 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen, Elkhart, Middlebury, and Nappanee
- Monday, April 27 thru Friday, May 1 – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Goshen
- Monday, April 27 thru Friday, May 1 – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Elkhart
- Saturday, May 2 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen, Elkhart, Middlebury, and Nappanee
- Monday, May 4 – 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Noon) – Goshen and Elkhart
The 2020 Presidential Primary in Indiana is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5.