Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Adult victims of child abuse can still report crimes and seek help

There are options for adults who were victims of sexual abuse as a child to seek help.

With the Diocese of Fort Wayne/South Bend releasing a list of 18 priests and deacons found credibly accused of sexual assault, child abuse specialists say oftentimes more victims will come forward.

If you were sexually abused as a child by a member of the clergy, any of these organizations will take your report and/or point you in the right direction for making a report and seeking treatment, should you choose it.

To report child abuse call:

Indiana Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-800-5556

South Bend Police (574) 235-9201

St. Joseph County Police (574) 235-9611

Marshall County Police (574) 936-3187

Kosciusko County Police (574)267-5667

La Porte County Police (219) 362-9446

Elkhart County Police(574) 533-4151

To seek help if you are a victim call:

Prevent Child Abuse St. Joseph County (574) 234-5437

Family Justice Center (574) 234-6900

St. Joseph County Special Victims Unit (574) 235-7818

Diocese FWSB Victim’s Advocacy(260) 399-1458

You can also report abuse by clicking here. 

Share this article:
Save with