Auto show back in Detroit next year with focus on outdoors
DETROIT (AP) — The head of Detroit's big international auto show says it will return to the Motor City next year, but with smaller indoor displays, and more emphasis on experiencing vehicles and technology outside.
The North American International Auto Show was canceled last year due the coronavirus pandemic, and it will be replaced this year by an outdoor event at a racetrack.
But show Executive Director Rod Alberts says there will be an event in the city's downtown next year.
Alberts told the Automotive Press Association of Detroit Thursday that the show can't keep doing what it did in the past with elaborate and costly multi-story displays from automakers.