Beacon Health expanding COVID-19 mobile testing sites
Beacon Health System announced that there will now be additional mobile testing sites for COVID-19 throughout St. Joseph and Elkhart Counties.
Individuals who are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 qualify for testing.
You are not required to have a doctor’s order to receive testing. However, you will be screened for symptoms.
Testing will be provided for free, but you must have in your possession a government issued photo identification card and medical insurance information.
Results take 3-5 days to process. Beacon Health will contact everyone who is tested and relay to them those results.
If you are experiencing symptoms, Beacon health recommends that you self-quarantine until you feel better and are fever-free for 3 days.
These are the testing locations and times through May 22; additional dates will be announced soon:
- Friday, May 15, 12-3pm, Holy Cross Church, 1050 Wilber St. (use Vassar St. entrance), South Bend, IN 46628
- Monday, May 18, 12-3pm, Vida Nueva Church of God, 739 College St., South Bend, IN 46628
- Tuesday, May 19, 12-3pm, Elkhart Housing Authority, 1396 Benham Ave., Elkhart, IN 46516
- Wednesday, May 20, 3-6pm, Charles Black Recreation Center, 3419 W. Washington St., South Bend, IN 46619
- Thursday, May 21, 8-10:30 am, Millersburg Fire Department, 500 Carriage Lane, Millersburg, IN 46543
- Thursday, May 21, 12-3pm, Elder Haus Senior Center, 451 N. Main St., Nappanee, IN 46550
- Friday, May 22, 12-3pm, Pentecostal Cathedral Church, 1025 W. Western Ave., South Bend, IN 46601
For more information, call the Beacon AnswerLine at 855-523-2226.
Beacon Health is planning additional testing locations, and they will be posted on their website.