Cass County man faces 59 criminal charges
CASS COUNTY, Mich. -- A Union, Michigan man is facing 59 criminal charges including child sexually abusive activity, possession of child sexually abusive material and using a computer to commit a crime.
Jason Ryans, 44, is accused of committing the crimes between January 1 and July 14, 201 at his home on US12 in Union Michigan.
Ryans faces the following charges:
- 1 Count of Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine, habitual 4th (Life max)
- 1 Count of Possession of Methamphetamine, habitual 4th (15 year max)
- 1 Count of Maintaining a Drug House, habitual 4th (15 year max)
- 1 Count of Criminal Sexual Conduct 2nd habitual 4th (Life max)
- 7 Counts of Child Sexually Abusive Activity habitual 4th (Life max)
- 6 Counts of Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, habitual 4th (Life max)
- 20 Counts of Possession of Child Sexually Abusive Material, habitual 4th (15 year max)
- 20 Counts of Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, habitual 4th (Life max)
He will be in court on Wednesday for a preliminary examination.
In May 2017, Ryans was charged in a separate case with possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.
Ryans bond is set at $200,000 cash or surety for the new charges.
His bond has been revoked for the May charges.
If you have any additional information about criminal sexual conduct related to this matter, please contact the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.