Cass County deputies investigating accidental electrocution
CASS COUNTY, Mich. – The Cass County Sheriff’s Office is reporting that a 31-year-old man and his brother were both accidentally electrocuted when a sailboat struck a power line.
The incident happened at 1:21 p.m. Saturday in the 61000 block of Dailey Road in LaGrange Township.
The 31-year-old, Austin Francis of Cassopolis, and his brother, 19-year-old Lane Francis, were attempting to move a sailboat when the mast struck the power line running to a house.
Rescuers were able to move the brothers away from the boat and administered CPR.
The brothers were then transported to the hospital via ambulance and helicopter and are both in stable condition.
This incident remains under investigation at this time.