Cause of Osceola house fire still under investigation

Penn Township Fire Department Chief John VanBruene says they found gasoline splashed throughout the basement of the home on W. Superior Street last Friday after a fire at the home.

They were called to the scene Friday around 9:30 a.m. when there was an explosion at the home.

Firefighters had to wait for the home to air out before they could enter.

On Monday, VanBruene said there was no reason for gasoline to be splashed in the basement.

He added there were several small fires set as well.

The house was recently sold and they are in the process of trying to track down the new owners.

If you have any information in this case, please contact the Penn Township Fire Department.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?