CDC confirms brain eating parasite causes death of Indiana man

Tests confirm a parasite known as the "brain eating amoeba" caused the death of a Southwestern Indiana man.

An Indiana State Department of Health spokeswoman said Tuesday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the death for the 30-year-old man.

He died three weeks after swimming in West Boggs Lake outside of Evansville.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?