Cedar Point will require face masks and health screenings for guests once it reopens
SANDUSKY, Ohio—Once Cedar Point reopens to season pass holders on July 9, the park will require guests to wear face masks and participate in health screenings when they visit.
Season pass holders will be welcomed back to the park on July 9 and 10.
Cedar Point Resorts guests and season pass holders can head to the park on July 11.
The general public will be able to return to the park “soon after” season pass holders, Cedar Point said on its website.
Park visitors will see quite a few changes when the park reopens as officials implement new safety measures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All guests will complete a health screening upon arrival at the park. If anyone in the group has a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, the guest will have to leave and reschedule the visit.
Social distancing markers will be placed in ride wait lines.
A few changes to expect at Cedar Point once it reopens include:
- Guests must reserve their visit in advance through the website or mobile app
- At least one member of the group must have the park’s mobile app on their phone
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings while in the park
- Health screenings and temperature checks will be required for all guests and associates
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the park
Cedar Point released a seven-page “Welcome Back” guide outlining all of the changes in the park.