Celebration Cinema Theatres reopen in Benton Harbor
BENTON HARBOR, Mich. – After a seven-month closure, Celebration Cinema Benton Harbor and Mount Pleasant are joining the list of Michigan’s open movie theaters. The Celebration team is excited to turn the lights back on, heat up the popcorn poppers and invite guests inside.
The Mouth Pleasant location opened the weekend of October 17th, and the Benton Harbor location is set to open the weekend of the 24th.
Theaters will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for the time being but will be adding more days and hours each day as more staff are brought back in.
“We fully believe in the value of gathering around stories, art and music. We appreciate the importance of getting the details right to provide safety and comfort for our team and guests,” said JD Loeks, President of Studio C.
Like many theaters, Celebration Cinema is following CinemaSafe which is a voluntary set of guidelines that go above and beyond what is typically recommended.
There will be some changes to the theater experience in order to accommodate these guidelines in order to keep people the safest they can be.
The following adjustments have been made:
- Reduced seating capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Reserved seats automatically space groups apart from each other.
- Staff will use PPE, and guests will be required to wear face masks until they are safely in their seat for the movie.
- Guests are encouraged to buy tickets ahead of time online or through the app, with online convenience fees temporarily waived.
- Cash will not be accepted.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces will happen as well as deep cleaning overnight.
- Movie treats are available and can be bought and delivered to your seat directly if ordering from the app or website.