Christmas tree disposal options for South Bend residents
The City of South Bend has three ways residents can dispose of Christmas trees.
Now through January 15 you can drop them off at three locations from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily:
- Rum Village Park - Ewing Avenue at Gertrude Street
- Pinhook Park - 2800 block of Riverside Drive
- Veterans’ Memorial Park - Twyckenham at Northside Boulevard
Dropoff is for Christmas trees only.
The Street Department will pick up trees placed curbside between January 4 and January 15.
- Trees should be placed at curbside, not in the street or in alleys, by 6am.
- Remove all lights, ornaments, and metal, including tree stands or nails, before discarding trees. Items left on trees can injure employees and seriously damage the tree shredding equipment, leaving it inoperable.
Artificial trees and trees containing any metal, glass, or wire, will not be collected and are residents’ responsibility to dispose.
After January 15, residents may call 311 for tree collection, but will be charged $10 per tree if curbside tree collection is requested.