Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Dog dies in apartment fire

GRANGER, Ind. -- A Granger family’s dog died in an apartment fire Thursday afternoon. The fire happened at Summer Place apartment complex on University Drive.

Investigators say a lamp fell onto a mattress in the bedroom sparking the flames.

It created so much smoke, the dog died.

“It could have been worse. Having someone home and calling 911 right away was the difference,” said Captain Ray Schultz of the Mishawaka Fire Department.

Firefighters say the residents were not injured. The apartment suffered heavy smoke damage.

 

 

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?