Drive-thru food donation events planned for Elkhart County
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind.—To help meet the increased demand that local food pantries are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic, Elkhart County non-profits are teaming up to hold drive-thru food donation events.
The United Against Hunger Drive-Thru Food Drive is set to take place on May 16 from 9 a.m. to noon at eight different drive-thru donation sites across Elkhart County.
Donations may be dropped off at the following sites on May 16:
- Bristol Food Pantry – 101 W. Vistula St., Bristol
- Church Community Services – 907 Oakland Ave., Elkhart
- Faith Mission – 801 Benham Ave., Elkhart
- Middlebury Food Pantry – 13307 CR 13, Middlebury
- NorthWood High School (collection site for Family Christian Development Center & Open Door) – 2101 N. Main St., Nappanee
- Salvation Army of Elkhart (also collecting for Guidance Ministries, St. Johns, & Suzanna’s Kitchen) – 300 N. Main St., Elkhart
- Salvation Army of Goshen – 1013 N. Main St., Goshen
- The Window – 223 S. Main St., Goshen
According to the United Way, the most in-demand food items include peanut butter, plastic jars of spaghetti sauce, pasta noodles, soup, cereal, macaroni and cheese, crackers, canned fruit, and hamburger/ tuna helper.
The event will be coordinated by the United Way of Elkhart and LaGrange counties, the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, and the twelve area food pantries that will receive the donations.
Financial donations are also being accepted through May 16 on the United Way of Elkhart County’s website.