Dryer in laundry room at St. Joseph County Jail catches fire
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – Around 12 p.m. on Thursday, a dryer in the laundry room at the St. Joseph County Jail caught fire. The fire was extinguished and no one was injured.
The South Bend Police Department was also called in to assist the situation.
County police say that attorney/jail visits were delayed.
Some of the jail operations were affected. The jail was put on lockdown.
Just before noon, a dryer fire ignited in the jail laundry room. The fire was extinguished in mins & no one was injured. SBPD called to assist and investigate. Atty visits & court is delayed. Some operations were. effected, phones & internet connections. Jail on lockdown.— St. Joe County Police Dept News Releases (@LSjcpd) March 12, 2020