Fall leaf pickup in Elkhart scheduled for late October through December
ELKHART, Ind. – The City of Elkhart announced their leaf pickup schedule for the fall season, which will begin on October 21 and end on December 13.
The following information proivdes the dates, times and areas in which pickups will take place:
Zone A fall leaf pickup
- WHEN: Monday, October 21 through Friday, October 25 and Monday, November 18 through Friday, November 22
- WHERE: Neighborhoods north of the St. Joseph River and west of Johnson Street
Zone B fall leaf pickup
- WHEN: Monday, October 28 through Friday, November 1 and Monday, November 25 through Friday, November 29.
- WHERE: Neighborhoods north of the St. Joseph River and east of Johnson Street
Zone C fall leaf pickup
- WHEN: Monday, November 4 through Friday, November 8 and Monday, December 2 through Friday, December 6
- WHERE: Neighborhoods south of the St. Joseph River and east of Third/Main Street
Zone D fall leaf pickup
- WHEN: Monday, November 11 through Friday, November 15 and Monday, December 9 through Friday, December 13
- WHERE: Neighborhoods south of the St. Joseph River and west of Third/Main Street
Here are some tips for pickups:
- Leaves should be placed in a separate pile from brush and limbs. Leaf machines are designed to pick up leaves only. Sticks will clog the machines, causing delays.
- City ordinance states that citizens should rake their leaves to the curb, but not extending into the street, in accordance with the posted pickup schedule. Leaves can easily clog the storm sewer grates and may cause flooding.
For additional questions regarding leaf pickup, please contact the Elkhart Street Department at 574-293-5518.
Residents may also dispose of their leaves by taking them to the Elkhart County Landfill.