Fire officials warn of candle use after apartment fire

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Fire crews responded to Castle Point Apartments for a fire Wednesday afternoon. 


Firefighters say the fire was likely caused by a candle.


With a cold night ahead, and a lot of people without heat or power, Fire Marshal Dave Cherrone wanted to tell people how they can prevent a similar tragedy.  


"You need to make sure it's not located by anything that can burn, whether it's flammable or combustible," says Cherrone.  

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?