Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire rips through Elkhart County home

ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. -- An Elkhart County family is picking up the pieces after a fire ripped through their home.

Firefighters responded to the CR 21 home around 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.

The family told us that the fire started in the chimney.

The damage would have been a lot worse, but the homeowner built a brick wall around the wood burning stove, so the fire did not spread.

No one was hurt.

Share this article: