Fireworks law changes may impact Memorial Day weekend plans in Michigan
Many celebrate Memorial Day weekend with fireworks but changes to Michigan law limits the number of days that fireworks can be set off.
Fireworks are now legal on:
- Dec. 31 to Jan. 1 at 1 a.m.
- The Saturday and Sunday preceding Memorial Day until 11:45 p.m.
- June 29-July 4 until 11:45 p.m.
- July 5 until 11:45 p.m. if that if the date falls on a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 p.m.
- The Saturday and Sunday before Labor Day until 11:45 p.m.
For more on these changes head over to the Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs webpage.