Florida woman swallows $5,000 diamond
TAMPA, Fla. -- A Florida woman was at a charity event when she accidentally swallowed a diamond worth $5,000.
The 80-year-old says she was not paying much attention.
She says a local jeweler placed a fake diamond in every champagne flute but in one there was a real diamond worth $5,000.
"With the first sip I had taken, I swallowed it," said Miriam. "I just felt certain, well, they'd find the winner and I won't have to tell anybody."
There were 400 glasses and when they got to the end, the diamond did not show up.
The woman finally had to tell them she swallowed the real diamond.