Former Concord teacher, Andrew Cowells, taken into custody
- Arrest warrant issued for former Concord H.S. teacher facing criminal charges
- Previous student speaks out about experience with former Concord teacher facing child porn charges
- Alleged victim speaks on sex charges against high school teacher
- Former Concord teacher charged with child solicitation, possession of child pornography
An arrest warrant was issued for Cowells on Monday.
Cowells was charged with vicarious sexual gratification, two counts of child solicitation, ten counts of possession of child pornography, two counts of voyeurism, two counts of battery and one count of harassment.
Some of the allegations against Cowells is detailed in the probable cause affidavit. The following are allegations made by students about the events that happened on May 5.
- A 15-year-old male victim said on May 5, 2021, Cowells spoke about sexual topics and tried to get the victim to touch his own private area while standing on top of a chair in the classroom. Cowells stated out loud he was aroused during the discussion.
- A second 15-year-old male victim told investigators the classroom door was shut when he arrived that morning. He said Cowells talked about sexual things and sat on a girl's desk. Cowells told the victim to stand up so Cowells could "grind" him. When the victim refused, two girls in the class stood up and grinded each other while Cowells clapped.
- A third 15-year-old victim said on May 5 he was in the boys restroom when Cowells entered with several students. Cowells pulled down the victim's pants in front of everyone and told the victim to use the bathroom next to him. Victim 4 then came into the restroom and went to a stall. Cowells watched him urinate and grabbed the victim's backside and grabbed victim 3's hands trying to get him to touch victim 4's backside.
- A fourth victim, who is 16-years-old, told investigators Cowells touched him on his legs and backside, and tried to watch him urinate.
- Several students told police Cowells sent a text message to the fifth victim, who is 15-years-old, a text message that Cowells was aroused by the victim because she likes girls, then showed the text to the class.
- Victim 6, who is 16-years-old, said that morning Cowells made sexual comments that made him uncomfortable. He said Cowells attempted to look over the wall of the stall so he could watch the victim go to the bathroom.
- Victim 7, who is 16-years-old, said that morning, Cowells told sexual jokes and asked if anyone had the courage to let him touch them. He then taunted the class for a volunteer. When the victim stood up, Cowells touched the victim on his body, from his shoulders to his backside.