Gov. Holcomb: All Hoosiers over 16 to be eligible for vaccine as of March 31
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced during his address Tuesday afternoon that all Hoosiers over the age of 16 will be eligible for the vaccine as of March 31.
All Hoosiers will be eligible because federal officials notified the state to expect a large amount of vaccine doses to be sent in the last week of March.
Holcomb said the public health emergency that expires on March 31 will be extended another 30 days. He said that enables the state to act quickly if COVID-19 numbers change and gives the state access to federal funds.
All restrictions will be extended to April 5.
On April 6, all decisions on venue capacity to move to county officials, although the state will continue to provide data about cases rates and county status.
On the same day, the mask mandate will become an advisory. Masks will be required at state facilities and residents are still encouraged to observe social distancing.
K-12 schools will continue to follow the face recovering requirements through the end of the school year.
The governor says he anticipates all schools will be fully open next year.
Gov. Holcomb ended with reminding residents to isolate if they test positive for COVID-19. If you’re sick, stay home.