Home fails safety inspection six months prior to deadly fire

SOUTH BEND, Ind.— In another devastating blow, the sixth child trapped during a house fire on Laporte Avenue in South Bend died Friday morning, a source close to the family confirmed.

Additionally, ABC57‘s Annie Kate confirmed the home had failed a safety inspection, spearheaded by the Housing Authority of South Bend, six months prior to the deadly fire. The above video reports dive into that investigation, and what questions still remain.

Share this article: