Indiana Michigan Power releases power restoration times
Indiana Michigan Power has released the estimated power restoration times for residents in Michiana who lost power due to the storms over the past few days.
The estimated power restoration times are below, but additional storms could affect restoration efforts.
- Buchanan and Three Rivers area estimated to be 90% restored by 10 p.m. tonight.
- Benton Harbor area estimated to be 90% restored by 10 p.m., tomorrow (Thursday) night.
- Fort Wayne area estimated to be 90% restored by 10 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday) night.
- South Bend/Elkhart area estimated to be 90% restored by 10 p.m. tonight.
Indiana Michigan Power has more than 350 employees and contractors with more crews on the way.
As of 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, more than 19,000 customers are without power.
Michigan: Approximately 11,710
- Benton Harbor area: 1,983
- Buchanan area: 7,559
- Three Rivers area: 2,168
Indiana: Approximately 7,259
- Fort Wayne area: 6,239
- South Bend area: 920
- Elkhart area: fewer than 10
Due to the power outages, the City of Elkhart has open two cooling centers for the community to utilize air conditioning and the use of electricity.
- Pierre Moran Pavilion – 119 Wolf Ave.
- McNaughton Pavilion – 701 Arcade Ave.