Interurban Trolley extends free rides for K-12 students
ELKHART, Ind. – The Interurban Trolley is extending its free K-12 Summer Travel Program until the end of the calendar year.
This extension will continue to provide free and safe transportation for students in grades K-12 on fixed-route buses.
To get a free ride, students will need to either show their valid student ID card or Summer travel Pass each time they board the Trolley.
Students who are homeschooled or those who attend a school that doesn’t issue student ID cards can contact the Michiana Area Council of Governments office at 574-674-8894 for information on how to get a pass.
The Interurban Trolley serves the following Elkhart Community Schools:
- Hawthorne Elementary, 501 Lusher Ave., (Lusher & 6th Stop on Green Line SW Loop or Lusher & Benham Stop on Red Line)
- Mary Beck Elementary, 818 McDonald St., (Richard & William Stop on Orange Line)
- Mary Daly Elementary, 1735 Strong Ave., (Nappanee & Strong Stop on Green Line NW Loop)
- Monger Elementary, 1100 E. Hively Ave., (Pleasant Plain & Hively Stop on Orange Line and on Main & Hively Red Line)
- Osolo Elementary, 24975 Co. Rd 6., (CR 6 & Osolo Stop on Blue Line)
- Roosevelt STEAM Academy, 201 W. Wolf Ave., (Prairie & Wolf Stop on Orange Line and Benham & Hubbard Stop on Red Line)
- Woodland Elementary, 1220 Co. Rd 3., (CR 3 & California Stop at Green Line SW Loop)
- North Side Middle School, 300 Lawrence St., (Cassopolis & Orange Stop on Blue Line)
- Pierre Moran Middle School, 200 W. Lusher Ave., (Lusher and Benham on Red Line and Green Line SW Loop and Lusher & Prairie Stop Orange Line)
- West Side Middle School, 101 Nappanee St., (Nappanee & Strong Stop on Green Line NW Loop)
- Elkhart High School, 2608 California Rd., (California & Philips on Green Line NW Loop)
- Elkhart Area Career Center, 2424 California Rd., (California & Philips on Green Line NW Loop)
- Elkhart High School-Freshman Division, 1 Blazer Blvd., (Waterfall & Prairie on Orange Line)