South Bend Mayor James Mueller appoints new city officials
SOUTH BEND, Ind.—South Bend Mayor James Mueller has appointed new city officials.
On Monday evening, the Mayor’s Office announced that new heads of city departments were sworn into office.
Kacey Gergely has been named Mueller’s Chief of Staff. Gergely served as Mueller’s campaign manager during the 2019 Mayoral Election. She holds degrees from the University of Notre Dame and Emory University.
Jordan Gathers will serve as the Deputy Chief of Staff. He previously worked for Indiana University Health in the Office of the President. He holds degrees from St. Bonaventure University and Indiana Wesleyan University.
Shalon “Shay” Davis has been promoted to Director of Community Outreach. She has worked for the City of South Bend since 1998 in positions including Executive Assistant to the Mayor’s Office, the United Way coordinator, a board member for Mamas Against Violence, and more.
Department heads from the previous administration that will continue working for the city include:
- Aaron Perri, Executive Director of Venues, Parks and Arts
- Chuck Bulot, Building Commissioner
- Daniel Parker, City Controller
- Denise Riedl, Chief Innovation Office,
- Eric Horvath, Director of Public Works
- Kyra Clark, Director of Human Resources
- Scott Ruszkowski, Chief of Police
- Stephanie Steele, Corporation Counsel