Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Man burning garbage sets barn on fire

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Firefighters were called to a barn fire off Pine Street in Warren Township.

Firefighters said a man was burning his garbage in his backyard when the fire spread to his barn.

The fire was difficult for fire crews because of the barn had a double roof. They had to saw the front of the roof so they could get inside.

It was also a dangerous situation because there were gas cons, burning plastics spewed cyancide and other chemicals in both the garbage and the barn.

The owner of the barn says he burns trash in his backyard everyday and he can't believe how fast it caught fire.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?


Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?