Mishawaka Fire Department responds to fire at University Park Mall
Mishawaka Fire Department responded to a call of a fire at the Aeropostale store in University Park Mall Friday afternoon.
According to dispatch, the call of a fire came in around 1:27 p.m.
Upon arrival, fire crews found that the fire had already been extinguished and there was only some light smoke in the store.
After initial investigations, it is believed the fire originated from a ballast malfunction in the store's fluorescent lighting.
Dispatch says no injuries were reported.
An employee at Aeropostale says they are awaiting an electrician to come and make sure everything is safe before reopening, but they do expect to reopen at some time today.